<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Untitled #something

Open pages of the gilded page book
Stare back at me from an old photograph
I stole the camera when I was 17 and I don’t care now still
The gold dust stayed on my hands for a day
They defied washing, just as the words of the pages
Wouldn’t wash from my mind

The sun is a subtle violet now
The last of the spectrum as it reclines into night
When last I spoke of that time I had never killed a man
Funny what a few words will do to you
Synapses firing emphatically, trying to find something
Inside the book or my head

I don’t know which/I never will
It’ssomethingi’llcometorealizeascellwallsdon’tdeterioratehereastheydidinbiologyclass

The grey fading to grey cement laughs at me each night saying

Even I wouldn’t be taken in by a book

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?