<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Two Of My Least Favorite Things

Those would be, of course, self-obsessed political partisanship and hypocrisy. Let me first say that I don’t really give a whit about any of our political parties. I don’t belong to any of them, I don’t support any of them, and I don’t necessarily dislike any of them.

Ok, now that that is done, on with the story…

I was listening to one of the prime-time cable news shows tonight on XM Radio as I was driving around. A Republican congressman, whose name escapes me at the moment, said the following (this is as close to word-for-word as I can remember it, but I doubt it is exact. What is not exact, though, is only replaced by a synonymn or is a similar such situation. However, the MEANING and INTENT of the two sentences ARE exactly what the Congressman meant and intended when he spoke),

We have to stop all this blatant partisanship and bickering…
…All the Democrats just want to cut-and-run and surrender.

What??

You need only to look in the mirror, my dear Congressman.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?