<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cars They Probably Won’t Build…But Should

First, let me say this:

My name is The Riverman and I am a Car Addict.

I monthly read Motor Trend, Car and Driver, Road and Track, and Sport Compact Car. Often, I through in Automobile and some others. Unfortunately, I have little physical evidence (i.e. cars) to show for my addiction.

But that’s another article. For those already aware of my recent, and not so recent, car woes, well, you know.

Anyway, on with this article.

I’ll begin with the Pontiac Solstice Z06. The Pontiac Solstice, details can be found here, is a lovely little roadster GM honcho Bob Lutz has championed since it’s inception as a concept. It is now production ready and will be out in 06. Think of it as an American Miata. But here’s where reality ends, and I begin.

The Solstice is based on GM’s Kappa platform. That is, a front engine/RWD, small-medium car canvas. The engine in the production Solstice is a GM Ecotec 2.4L I-4 producing 177hp. Not huge numbers, but for a car of this size and heft, it’s not a problem. However, the Kappa platform can easily accept a V6 or…a V8! Now we’re talking. So I say, shoehorn in the 505hp 427cid monster motor from the C6 Vette. Do the requisite chassis, suspension, etc, upgrades, and you have an incredibly potent car. Obviously. ?


The next one is even easier, the Dodge Magnum SRT-10. You just take a Dodge Magnum SRT-8 (wonderful in its own right) and you throw in the Viper’s V-10. Easy, and amazing. And it’ll blow the doors off of every other sedan in the world. Let alone every other FRICKIN STATION WAGON!! HAAHAHA

Ok, enough for now. I’d love to get some of your own ideas down in the comments.

Nighty,

RM

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?