<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Bush Gave Millions to the Taliban Before 9/11?

I'd heard this tossed about by Bush hating folk during the beginning of the war in Afghanistan. I heard it even more after we went into Iraq and the Bush hating got even more momentum. I brushed it aside as probably propaganda crap. However, I've just come across a story on this subject that I find interesting. I find it interesting because it was published in May of 2001, before 9/11.

The article begins as follows:

Enslave your girls and women, harbor anti-U.S. terrorists, destroy every vestige of civilization in your homeland, and the Bush administration will embrace you. All that matters is that you line up as an ally in the drug war, the only international cause that this nation still takes seriously.

That's the message sent with the recent gift of $43 million to the Taliban rulers of Afghanistan, the most virulent anti-American violators of human rights in the world today. The gift, announced last Thursday by Secretary of State Colin Powell, in addition to other recent aid, makes the U.S. the main sponsor of the Taliban and rewards that "rogue regime" for declaring that opium growing is against the will of God. So, too, by the Taliban's estimation, are most human activities, but it's the ban on drugs that catches this administration's attention.

Never mind that Osama bin Laden still operates the leading anti-American terror operation from his base in Afghanistan, from which, among other crimes, he launched two bloody attacks on American embassies in Africa in 1998

The link below is for the full article. I just find it a little hipocritical that the administration screams so much about anyone aiding and abedding terrorists. If $43 million isn't aid, I don't know what is.

http://www.robertscheer.com/1_natcolumn/01_columns/052201.htm

If anyone reads over this article and can show that the charges levied are untrue or even exaggerated, please let me know and I'll post that also.

I just like getting the truth out. The more painful the better, but it must be the truth.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?