<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Friday, February 27, 2004

While I'm on Religion
Most of you who read my Blog who live around here listen to 98.1 at least a bit. Have you heard lately the nut pastor who's bought time on the station? Everyday on my way to or from school I hear "A Spiritual Moment with Brother so and so". He may be religious, but he's about as spiritual as a disco poster. I've not the patience to list all his foibles, but I will mention today's.

Pastor what's-his-name has this great skill of rambling on and randomly quoting scripture and saying nothing. Today he was speaking about Jesus meeting the woman at the well. This is from John chapter 4:

15 The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw." 16 Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here." 17 The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly." 19 The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet."

Then this fellow says, out of nowhere, “There is one way to distinguish a false prophet from a true prophet, and that is the true prophet will address then sin in the sinner and not just the sinner. Too few people today will address the sin in the world”

There are 2 GLARING problems with this moron's "spiritual moment" today. First, he turns this passage of love and forgiveness into a condemnation of all sinners in the world. Second, and more importantly, he completely corrupts the scriptures by proclaiming how to determine the true from the false prophet.

This is from Baker's Evangelical Dictionary
of Biblical Theology:

The Criteria for Testing False Prophecy: what he says must come to pass, the most proximate fulfillments being the validators of the more distant predictions (Deut 18:21-22).

So, the real way to determine a true from a false prophet is WHETHER HIS/HER PROPHECY IS TRUE.

To paraphrase from the words of the Christ, no rotten tree shall bear good fruit and vice versa.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?