<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Some U.S. Soldiers Forced to Buy Own Gear

Read this pitiful story. We are now spending in the range (in percentage of GDP and adjusted for inflation)of what we spent on defense during the Cold War. Our military spending is nearly three times that of all our potential adversaries combined. Now I'm not, nor have I ever been, a person calling for huge defense spending cuts. But the story above about GI's and their families spending OUT OF POCKET FOR THEIR MILITARY NECCESITIES sickens me. We're spending these hundreds of billions of dollars. Please tell me where those dollars are going. They're not going to pay raises for troops. Their not going to equipment for our troops. So, praytell, where are my taxes going?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?