<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Friday, February 27, 2004

One of my Problems With the "Passion"

Before I get to my point here, let me say that all this "anti-Semitic" talk is so ignorant. First, people who hate Jews will hate Jews regardless of any movie. People with a bit of sense will not hate Jews, again, regardless of any movie.

Second, the movie is NOT anti-Semitic. Some of you may recall that JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH, AND ALL THE DISCIPLES WERE JEWS. Just thought I'd point that out.

My problems lie with the many historical inaccuracies of the film. There are many, but the most glaring example is the one I'll get into now. The casting. What's with all the white people already? Have you ever been to the Middle East, or perhaps SEEN pictures of natives from the region? They ain't white baby. Also, didn't Mary and Joseph go to Egypt to hide from Herod's killing spree? Egypt's the first place I'D hide a white baby, yesiree.

Why is it that no one wants to admit that Jesus was Arabic looking? Or even, quite possibly, black? Would this make him any less our Savior? Of course not.

Once again, I believe we can thank the Roman Catholic Church for this one, or at least Michelangelo who, five centuries ago, used his white cousin as the model for the savior. Yay white supremacy!

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?