<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 06, 2003

From Drudge
ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TO SUE WAL-MART FOR LABOR VIOLATIONS


-
"Nine Mexican immigrants who worked as janitors at Wal-Marts in New Jersey are ready to sue the company, accusing Wal-Mart and its cleaning contractors of failing to pay overtime, withhold taxes and make required workers' compensation contributions!"
-

OK. Could someone please explain to me why ILLEGAL ALIENS have any legal standing in civil matters? Granted, I'm not paralegal or legal scholar or anything, but this is beyond the pale. If they come and work, fine, I understand that. If we (USA) allow them to work illegally, I understand that too. Everyone loves cheap labor. But how in the world would ANY illegal immigrant have ANY legal standing whatsoever?? Please help me out here.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?