<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
 
Web www.theriverman.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Tax Protest Idea

I got this from a mailing list I'm on. I think it's a great idea, i'll probably steal it :)

From Matt Middleton, Georgetown University

Seeing as its tax day, my idea that I've had for a bit might be a little late, maybe not. I think it would be cool to make a series of commercials paralleling the "drugs fund terrorists" but instead making it "taxes fund terrorists". Actually, my idea isn't limited to the terrorist bit but really all of the commercials. Whose taxes paid for bin Laden and Manuel Noriega back in the 80's? Whose taxes went to support Saddam's regime and to give him support with chemical weapons? Whose taxes also went to support the Iranian regime? Whose taxes currently go to pay for foreign aid to Israel, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia where numerous human rights abuses are constantly committed, sometimes against Americans? Whose taxes went to purchase the Humvee that ran over the two little girls in Korea?? Whose taxes paid for the LSD experiments on the black communities in the 60's. I'm sure the taxes we pay fund much more bad things in the world than someone who purchases a bit of marijuana. Should we feel responsible and refuse to pay taxes?

Seems to me...

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Is my Blog HOT or NOT?